Coach Tony D'Amato在比赛前的演讲,再一次唤起了自己对赛艇的那份感动,什么是生命,什么是心情,什么是成功,什么是失败仿佛不再重要了,重要的是战斗,和你身边的兄弟,去分享成败之间的那份感动,让生命在奋斗中一分一秒的过去,直到筋疲力尽,直到自己死去。
我觉得我有必要让大家分享这份感动,让大家都听到他的声音,自己的翻译水平还不够,见笑了。
[speech] Coach Tony D'Amato: "Peace by Inches"
I don't know what to say, really.
我真不知道如何说是好
Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today.
今天,职业生涯中最大的挑战将降要在三分钟后到来
Now either we heal as a team or we're gonna crumble,
现在,我们如果不团结如一支训练有素的队伍,那我们将面临崩溃
inch by inch, play by play,'til we're finished.
每一英寸,每一次比赛,直到我们完成比赛。
We're in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me.
我们现在就在地狱里,相信我同志们
And, we can stay here -- get the shit kicked out of us –
我们可以继续留在这里接受烈焰的惩罚
or we can fight our way back into the light.
或是我们可以为找回那条光明的路而战斗。
We can climb outta hell one inch at a time.
我们可以爬出这该死的地狱一英寸。
Now, I can't do it for you. I'm too old.
但我现在不能为你们做什么了,我已经老了。
I look around. I see these young faces, and I think -- I mean –
我环顾四周。我看到一张张年轻的脸,我想到,你知道么。。。
I made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make.
我这个中年人作了很多错误决定
I, uh, I pissed away all my money, believe it or not.
我。。。嗯。。。信不信由你,我放弃了我所有的钱
I chased off anyone who's ever loved me.
我赶走了所有爱我的人
And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.
在最后,我甚至不能理解镜子里的那个人
You know, when you get old in life things get taken from you.
你知道么,岁月会在你身上索取
I mean that's...part of life.
我的意思是。。。这就是生命的一部分
But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
但是,吃一堑长一智
You find out life's this game of inches.
你最终会发现生命就是一场成败予一线之间的游戏
So is football.
足球也是。
Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small –
因为不管是生命还是足球,给你犯错的余地都很小
I mean one-half a step too late, or too early, and you don't quite make it.
一线之间,天堂或地狱
One-half second too slow, too fast, you don't quite catch it.
半秒的差别都将决定结果
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
我们需要我们身边的每一英寸
They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second.
它们决定着每一场比赛,存在于每一份每一秒
On this team, we fight for that inch.
在这支队伍中,我们为一英寸而战斗。
On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch.
在这支队伍中,我们自己和周围的人都为了那小小的一英寸流过泪。
We claw with our fingernails for that inch,
我们摩拳擦掌就为了那一英寸。
because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the fuckin' difference between winning and losing!
因为我们知道成败之间的不同就是他妈的每一个英寸的积累
Between livin'and dyin'!
生死之间也是这样!
I'll tell you this: In any fight,
所以我要告诉你们:任何战斗中
it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch.
谁抱着必死的信念,谁就将赢得那一英寸
And I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willin' to fight and die for that inch.
我知道我还会继续活下去因为我渴望为着那一英寸战斗到死。
Because that's what livin' is! The six inches in front of your face!!
因为我们为眼前那六英寸而活着!!
Now I can't make you do it.
现在让你做到这点的不是我
You got to look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes!
你需要看着你身边的队友,看到他的心
Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you.
我想现在你将会见到陪你战斗的兄弟
You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows,
你将会见到那个位队伍献出生命的兄弟
when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him!
因为你知道,当同样的事情发生在你身上,你会像你的兄弟一样献出生命
That's a team, gentleman!
这就是团队同志们!
And, either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.
团结一致众志成城或是一盘散沙孤独死去。
That's football guys.
足球运动员是这样
That's all it is.
所有运动员都是这样
Now, what are you gonna do?
知道怎么做了么同志们?